John Jay Resources:
- Single Stop Legal Services
- Immigration Lawyer (Wednesday 2:30pm – 6:30pm, Wellness Center)
- Legal Screenings (Immigrant Justice Corps) 8.62.01NB https://www.jjay.cuny.edu/legal-resources
- FAQs for Students, Educators, and Social Service Providers (by MALDEF)
- CUNY Citizenship Now!
- National Network for Immigrant & Refugee Rights
- Know Your Rights: ICE Home Raids and Community Arrests
- Black Alliance for Just Immigration
- New York/National Legal Immigration Directory https://www.immigrationadvocates.org/nonprofit/legaldirectory/search?state=NY
- Legal Aid Society Immigration Access to Benefits Helpline: 1-844-955-3425.
Mondays and Fridays from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- Law Enforcement Support Center Detainee Hotline: Will assist
contacting federal immigration authorities for detained persons who believe
they may be victims of crime, and for U.S. citizens or residents being unlawfully
detained. Toll free (855) 448- 6903, available 24/7. Translation services provided.
- Legal Aid Society’s Travel Advisory Hotline: Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, 1-888-284-2772.
- Immigrant Defense Project Hotline: for people or families of those facing in
detention and/or facing deportation – Open; Tues & Thurs 2-4:30,
call them at: 1-(212) 725-6422 (nationwide).
- Legal Aid Society Immigration Law Unit Hotline: Non-citizen New
Yorkers detained by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
at the Bergen, Monmouth, Hudson and Sussex County Jails in New Jersey,
Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:00p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Collect calls from detention facilities/prisons are accepted. (212) 577-3456.
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New York
- NYC Reform
- We should all get NYCID cards, as they are government-issued and available to everyone. Many of our students don’t drive and don’t have driver’s licenses. The city administration has reasserted that this database is safe, and that its entire database of 850,000 names will be deleted before it is handed over to Homeland Security https://www1.nyc.gov/site/idnyc/index.page
- CUNY Immigration Law Services: http://www1.cuny.edu/sites/citizenship-now/
- Did you know that some undocumented students qualify for in-state tuition?
- Check out these pages to see if you qualify: http://bit.ly/1UQnV1L
- There is more detailed information about qualifying for in-state tuition here: http://bit.ly/1RyGn9R