John Jay Resources:
- Single Stop Legal Services
- Immigration Lawyer (Wednesday 2:30pm – 6:30pm, Wellness Center)
- Legal Screenings (Immigrant Justice Corps) 8.62.01NB https://www.jjay.cuny.edu/legal-resources
- DACA: What We Know and Can Do Now
- FAQs for Students, Educators, and Social Service Providers (by MALDEF)
- Black Alliance for Just Immigration
- CUNY Citizenship Now!
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- New York/National Legal Immigration Directory https://www.immigrationadvocates.org/nonprofit/legaldirectory/search?state=NY
- Legal Aid Society Immigration Access to Benefits Helpline: 1-844-955-3425.
Mondays and Fridays from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- Law Enforcement Support Center Detainee Hotline: Will assist contacting
federal immigration authorities for detained persons who believe they may be
victims of crime, and for U.S. citizens or residents being unlawfully detained.
Toll free (855) 448- 6903, available 24/7. Translation services provided.
- Legal Aid Society’s Travel Advisory Hotline: Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, 1-888-284-2772.
- Immigrant Defense Project Hotline: for people or families of those
facing in detention and/or facing deportation – Open; Tues & Thurs 2-4:30,
call them at: 1-(212) 725-6422 (nationwide).
- Legal Aid Society Immigration Law Unit Hotline: Non-citizen New
Yorkers detained by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
at the Bergen, Monmouth, Hudson and Sussex County Jails in New Jersey,
Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:00p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Collect calls from detention
facilities/prisons are accepted. (212) 577-3456.
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New York
- NYC Reform
- We should all get NYCID cards, as they are government-issued and available to everyone. Many of our students don’t drive and don’t have driver’s licenses. The city administration has reasserted that this database is safe, and that its entire database of 850,000 names will be deleted before it is handed over to Homeland Security: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/idnyc/index.page
- Did you know that some undocumented students qualify for in-state tuition?
- Check out this page to see if you qualify: http://bit.ly/1UQnV1L
- There is more detailed information about qualifying for in-state tuition here: http://bit.ly/1RyGn9R