John Jay Resources:
- Counseling Services
- African Students Association/ Haitian Students Association(212) 621-4167 L2.70.04
- African Students Association (ASA) ~ Room L2.70.04 PH:(212) 621-4167
Enhances and mainstreams knowledge of the diverse African cultures through performance, lectures, and music, dance and creative arts.
- Black Student Union (BSU)~ Room:L2.70.21
The purpose of Black Student Union is to foster an environment whereby students can be introduced to black history, culture, and politics in order to provide a more complete sense of self-consciousness, education, black unity, and respect through participating in social and political functions on and off campus that provide enrichment and enlightenment.
- Haitian American Students Association (HASA) ~ Room: L2.70.04 PH:(212) 621-4167
Celebrating the comingling of both Haitian and American culture and the resulting melting pot through music, dance, lectures, fundraising and cultural celebrations.
- Jamaica Yahso ~ Room:L2.70.23 PH:(212) 621-4159
Creating a positive and impactful impression of Jamaican culture through events, lectures, philanthropy, food and cultural reflection
- Black Lives Matter
- Emotional Van Jones : How Do I Explain This to My Children?
- African American History Month
- 10 Rules of Survival if Stopped by Police
- York College African American Resource Center
- Systematic Inequality